Irish Lights is now recruiting for a Support Operative (SO). The SO will provide ongoing maintenance of Irish Lights assets and will operate as part of multidiscipline teams based at Irish Lights Dun Laoghaire. On occasion, the SO will work on a coast wide basis or at third party locations. The SO will report to the Irish Lights Dun Laoghaire & Buoy Supervisor when working in Dun Laoghaire and to the relevant Lighthouse Team Lead when working as part of a coastal team.
- Provide on-going maintenance of Irish Lights assets through quality workmanship
- Washing, grit blasting, painting and assembly of mechanical structures (buoys)
- Basic welding
- Basic electrical (12 volt dc) and mechanical assembly work
- Operation of mobile plant e.g. fork lift, teleporter, crane
- Stores operation
- Van driving
- General operative work assisting technicians
Key Requirements, Qualifications, Experience and Required skills
- Experienced general worker with broad skills and capabilities
- Good team working and communication skills
- Self-organising and reliable
- Commitment to personal up skilling and development
- Prepared to travel and work away from base when required
- Full, clean driving licence
The following competencies are desirable but not essential for the post:
- Holder of relevant CSCS cards
- Experience of mobile plant operation, e.g. Forklift, pallet truck, teleporter, crane, slinging and lifting operations
- Experience of stores operations
- Experience of grit blasting, high pressure washing
- Basic welding
- Basic mechanical and electrical skills
- Reasonable ICT skills
Click here to view the Candidate Briefing Pack for further information.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 10 October 2020.
Please apply by emailing a CV and cover letter to Susan Murdock at email@example.com.
Please view Irish Lights Job Applicant Privacy Notice on our website.