Irish Lights is delighted to announce an exciting opportunity for an Archivist and Heritage Officer
(Three Year Fixed-Term Contract)
The mission of Irish Lights is Safe Navigation at Sea. We are a maritime organisation delivering essential 24/7 safety and navigation services around the coast of Ireland, 365 days a year. Our vision is to protect lives, property, trade and the environment by delivering next generation maritime services at the interface of navigation technology, engineering and data management.
The Archivist and Heritage Officer will manage the Archive and Heritage activities of Irish Lights. The successful candidate will ensure the preservation of the Irish Lights archive while bringing it up to a modern standard of presentation using international best practice.
Applicants must have a recognised Masters Degree in Archives and Records Management or a Higher Diploma in Archival Studies and a third level qualification in Arts, History or a related discipline. The successful candidate must also be a member of the Archives and Records Association (UK & Ireland) or other recognised archives professional body and must have:
- A minimum of ten plus years’ experience working across several archive collections.
- Experience in leading the review from first principles and modernisation of a high-value archive.
- Experience in managing outsourced archive services including conservation/ cleaning, digitisation, specialist storage.
- Active personal network across the professional archive community in Ireland.
- Proven self-starter experience and initiative with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft desktop applications, database management and archival software packages.
- Strong written and verbal communications and presentation skills along with the ability to represent Irish Lights at stakeholder events.
- Demonstrated organisation and administrative skills.
- High energy individual, strong logical planning ability with record of tangible project delivery.
- Attention to detail with a focus on results.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Closing date for applications is close of business on Friday, 1 February 2019.
Please apply by sending a CV and cover letter via the Irishjobs.ie website or by emailing Gemma Gregan at firstname.lastname@example.org. A candidate briefing pack with full details of the role will be sent shortly after receipt of the application.
Please view Irish Lights Job Applicant Privacy Notice.